Roger Davis serves as CEO for Sunbeam Real Estate investment, LLC. His diverse institutional and entrepreneurial background lends broad perspective and sound judgement regarding properties, business plans and execution.
Key Professional Roles
Institutional Commercial Mortgage Banking and Equity Investment
- Director--Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investment: “Cradle-to-grave” producer of commercial debt and equity investments in Texas, Colorado, New Mexico and Oklahoma. Partner relations and property selection led to fully profitable investments. Development properties included Apartments and Office space. Exited by own volition.
- Regional Director--Conning Asset Management (a subsidiary of Swiss RE, Metropolitan Life and General American Life at different junctures): Producer of commercial debt and equity investments in Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico, including intermediary investments for LifeCo’s and Pension Funds with strong results.
- Portfolio and asset-level management of numerous industrial properties owned by Conning Asset Management, leading to strong improvement in economics, plus completion of industrial development.
- Starting in college, direct investment, development and general contracting for multiple single-family residences, horizontal subdivision, commercial land, office and apartments, with profitable exits.
Education & Experience
- BBA in Real Estate and Banking & Finance, University of North Texas-Denton
- MLS Studies in Urban Development, Oklahoma University-Norman
- MAI designee by Appraisal Institute (non-practicing since 1997)
- Adjunct Professor of Real Estate Management at UNT (sponsor: Texas Apartment Association)
- Licensed Texas Real Estate Broker
- CCIM Member
- Member of the Texas Downtown Association
Sunbeam Real Estate Investment develops and co-invests in multi-family, single-family and industrial properties throughout the Western United States. Investments focus on value-add; via development, renovation, re-use, or reprogramming. We also serve as an out-source solution or third party for special projects involving other commercial real estate, including office, retail, mixed-use and healthcare. Sunbeam is particularly focused on catalyst development projects within communities that offer vibrant, organic downtowns in the western United States.